Progress: Social policy experimentations supporting social investments
The scope of the call is to attract proposals designing social policy interventions in line with SIP which contains three policy reforms strands to help Member States adapt their social protection systems to the societal challenges:
- Activating and enabling benefits and services to support people's inclusion in society and the labour market
- Social protection systems to respond to people's needs throughout their lives
- More effective and efficient spending to ensure adequate and sustainable social protection
The overall indicative amount made available for this call is 3 500 000 €. The grant requested must be 700 000 € minimum and 1 000 000 € maximum.
1 000 000 € will be allocated to projects focusing on youth opportunities measures in relation to the objectives of this call. If the quality of the applications dedicated to this theme is not judged sufficient by the Evaluation Committee, the Commission reserves the right to reallocate this budget to the applications addressing other themes.
The European Union financial aid granted will not exceed 80% of the total eligible costs of the action. The consortium members must guarantee the co-financing in cash of the remaining 20%. Contributions in kind are not accepted as co-financing.
The social policy experimentation project has to be submitted by a consortium of stakeholders involved in the process of social policy innovation.
Eligibility of the lead applicants and co-applicants:
- The lead applicant must be a public authority at central, regional or local level, or a body governed by public law.
- The lead applicant has to involve in the consortium at least one co-applicant. The co-applicants must be public authorities at central, regional or local level, and/or public bodies governed by public law, and/or civil society organisations, and/or private sector organisations. Including academic structures is strongly encouraged.
- Lead applicants and co-applicants must be properly constituted and registered legal persons, established in one of the PROGRESS participating countries
- All co-applicants need to confirm by commitment letters their participation in the project.
Info & contact
Before the final date for submission of proposals, at the request of the applicant, the European Commission may provide additional information solely for the purpose of clarifying the nature of the call. Any requests for additional information must be made in writing to
empl-VPfirstname.lastname@example.org indicating the reference VP/2013/012.
Applicants are hereby informed that in the interest of transparency and equal treatment of applicants, no queries will be dealt with by telephone.