Erasmus+ KA3: Social inclusion through education, training and youth
This call for proposals will support projects in the fields of education, training and youth, which aim at upscaling and disseminating innovative good practices falling under the scope of the Declaration on Promoting citizenship and the common values of freedom, tolerance and non-discrimination through education of 17 March 2015 (‘the Paris Declaration’).
An application submitted under the present call must mainly address one of the two following general objectives, which should be indicated in the application form:
1. Preventing violent radicalisation and promoting democratic values, fundamental rights, intercultural understanding and active citizenship
2. Fostering the inclusion of disadvantaged learners, including persons with a migrant background, while preventing and combating discriminatory practices.
Furthermore, each proposal must address at least one and maximum three of the following specific objective(s):
1. Improving the acquisition of social and civic competences, fostering knowledge, understanding and ownership of democratic values and fundamental rights;
2. Preventing and combating any form of discrimination and segregation in education;
3. Promoting gender equality in the learning environment, combating gender stereotypes and preventing gender-based violence;
4. Enhancing access to quality and inclusive mainstream education and training with a focus on the needs of disadvantaged learners;
5. Fostering mutual understanding and respect among people with different ethnic or religious backgrounds, beliefs or convictions, including by addressing stereotypes and promoting intercultural dialogue;
6. Enhancing critical thinking, cyber and media literacy among children, young people, youth workers and educational staff;
7. Creating inclusive and democratic learning environments;
8. Supporting teachers and educators in handling conflicts and dealing with diversity;
9. Preventing radicalisation in prisons and closed institutions;
10. Encouraging youth participation in social and civic life and developing inclusion and outreach practices to reach young people;
11. Facilitating the acquisition of the language(s) of instruction for newly arrived migrants;
12. Assessing knowledge and validating prior learning of newly arrived migrants;
13. Enhancing the quality of non-formal learning activities, youth work practices and volunteering.
This call comprises two lots:
Lot 1: Education and training
Lot 2: Youth
Applicants must address only one of the above Lots and indicate it in the application form.
This call supports three project strands:
Strand 1: Transnational cooperation projects (Lot 1 and Lot 2)
Strand 2: Large-scale volunteering projects (Lot 2)
Strand 3: Networking of Erasmus+ National Agencies (Lot 2)
Applicants must choose 1 strand and indicate it in the application form.
The total budget available for the co-financing of projects under the present call is EUR 13 000 000, allocated as follows:
Lot 1: Education and training: EUR 10 000 000
Lot 2: Youth: EUR 3 000 000
The financial contribution from the EU cannot exceed 90 % of the total eligible project costs.
The maximum grant per project will be EUR 500 000.
Eligible applicants are public and private organisations active in the fields of education, training and youth in the areas covered by the Paris Declaration:
- educational institutions and other learning providers;
- public authorities at national/regional/local level responsible for education, training and youth;
- non-profit organisations (NGOs);
- research institutions;
- trade organisations and social partners;
- guidance and recognition centres;
- international organisations;
- private companies;
- networks of the organisations listed above are also eligible as long as they have legal personality;
- Erasmus+ National Agencies in the field of youth (3);
- Only applications from legal entities established in the following countries are eligible:
- the 28 Member States of the European Union,
- the EFTA/EEA countries: Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway,
- EU candidate countries: Turkey, the former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia
Minimum partnership composition requirements
- Strand 1: 4 organisations representing 4 eligible countries. If networks are involved in the project, the partnership must include at least 2 organisations which are not members of the network (i.e. two partners of the network plus 2 organisations not members of the network);
- Strand 2: 3 organisations representing 3 eligible countries;
- Strand 3: 4 Erasmus+ National Agencies in the field of youth, representing 4 eligible countries.