Erasmus+ - Sport - Not-For-Profit European Sport Events
This Action supports:
- The implementation, in the field of sport, of EU strategies in the areas of social inclusion and equal opportunities, notably the EU Gender Equality Strategy and the EU Disability Strategy;
- The implementation of the EU Physical Activity Guidelines, to encourage participation in sport and physical activity;
Supporting the implementation of the European Week of Sport aiming at promoting health enhancing physical activity and increasing participation levels in sports.
- The European Week of Sport is an initiative launched by the European Commission to promote sport and physical activities in the European Union, in the light of declining participation levels (following recent results from the 2013 Euro barometer). Communication campaign to raise awareness will start early 2015. The European Week of Sport will evolve over the years and it is intended to be organised following a fixed calendar (2ndweek of September) with an official opening, a flagship event and 3 to 5 focus day, each with a focus theme.
This Action provides financial support for the organisation of European-wide sport events in one Programme Country and events organised during to the European Weak of Sport.
In addition, it may finance national events - organised simultaneously in several European countries by not-for-profit organisations or public bodies - in the context of European events in the field of sport.
An amount of 600.000 EUR is dedicated to events linked exclusively to the European Week of Sport. 1.400.000 EUR to the other events.
- Maximum granted awarded for events related to the 2015 European Week of Sport : 250.000 EUR
- Maximum granted awarded for events not related to the 2015 European Week of Sport: 500.000 EUR
Financial contributions from the EU cannot exceed 80% of the total eligible costs of the project.
Support for events will imply assigning EU grants to individual organisations in charge of the preparation, organisation and follow-up to a given event.
The transnational element of the action will be ensured by the participation in the event of sportspeople coming from at least twelve Programme Countries and from at least threeProgramme Countries for events related to the European Week of Sport.