How does Flanders tackle the transition to sustainable energy?
On Tuesday the 18th of June VLEVA takes you into the wonderful world of energy transition. Bart Castermans, policy officer at DG Energy, will give a keynote speech on the position paper ‘Europe climate neutral by 2050’ of the European Commission, while focusing specifically on energy. During this session we will share Flemish (and EU) success stories and projects with promising opportunities for energy transition.
VLEVA is looking forward to welcoming you to this side event of the EU Sustainable Energy Week (EUSEW).
Ms Leen Govaerts, Unit Manager Smart Energy & Built Environment, Flemish Institute for Technological Research (VITO) /EnergyVille will chair this event.
9.00 h. - 9.30 h. Registration / coffee
- 9.30 h. Introduction, Ina De Vlieger, VLEVA
- 9.35 h. A Clean Planet for all: a European strategic long term vision for a prosperous, modern, competitive and climate neutral economy, Bart Castermans, DG Energy
- 10.10 h. Co-creating sustainable energy communities in Brussels, Maarten Messagie, Green Energy Park
- 10.35 h. Preparing the electricity grid for 100% renewables, Koen Vanthournout, EnergyVille/VITO
11.00 h. - 11.15 h. Coffee break
- 11.15 h. Innovation and education at Terranova Solar and Fabriek Energiek, Daan Temmerman, Provincie Oost-Vlaanderen
- 11.40 h. Steel2Chemicals – how the energy transition and circular economy can go hand-in-hand, Matthijs Ruitenbeek, Dow
- 12.05 h. Port of Antwerp demonstration area for circular energy&feedstock, Wouter Parys, Port of Antwerp
12.30 h. - 13.15 h. Network opportunity and lunch with sandwiches
- When? Tuesday 18th of June
- Where? At VLEVA: Kortenberglaan 71, 1000 Brussel
- Spoken Language: English